9 large eggs
2 tins of tuna, flaked (225g)
1tbsp chopped chives
100g grated cheddar (or cheese of your choice)
1/2 large white onion, chopped
75ml skimmed milk
- Preheat oven to to 200 degrees C (180 C for a fan oven)
- In a large mixing bowl beat eggs with a whisk or fork.
- Add the onions, milk, tuna,cheese and a pinch of salt and pepper to the bowl and mix.
- Using a muffin tray spoon in the mixture to each case. The mixture should fill 12 cases. I usually use a silicon muffin tray but if you are using a metal tray make sure to line the cases with baking paper and spray once with low cal spray.
- Now its time to get those babies in the oven!
- Bake in the oven until the egg appears cooked this will take between 15 to 25 minutes depending on your oven.
- Remove from oven and enjoy!
I absolutely love this recipe and attribute it to much of my weight loss. I eat two fritattas for lunch most days now instead of a sandwich. Which if you think about cuts down on 10 slices of bread that i would have consumed in my work week! They really are fab and fill you up. By the way you can substitute the tuna for anything that you fancy so that you won’t get bored of eating them! My preferred substitute is ham. I would love your feedback on this recipe and if you do decide to make them yourself send me some pictures! My email is email@example.com if you send me your pictures I will post them here on my blog. I can’t wait to see your creations.