Ingredients: Yields 12 pizza bites
1 head of cauliflower (grated)
1 egg white from a large egg
230g of 1% cottage cheese
1 Tsp Oregano
2 Tsp Parsley
1/4 Tsp Garlic Powder
- Pre-heat your oven to 220 degrees Celsius or for fan ovens 200 degrees Celsius.
- Make sure you have a muffin tin to hand and spray it with low cal cooking spray.
- Grate cauliflower into fine rice like pieces. I used a cheese grater but you could certainly also use a food processor.
- Spray a frying pan with low cal cooking spray and heat at a high temperature.
- Add the cauliflower rice to the frying pan and stir for 6-8 mins until slightly translucent.
- Place rice in a bowl and leave to the side to cool.
- Place all other ingredients the food processor and blend until the mixture is smooth. smooth.
- Combine the mixture with your cauliflower rice in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Spoon the mixture into your muffin tray. Make sure that the mixture is pushed down so that it sticks together in the mould.
- Now place your muffin tin the the oven to bake for 25-30 mins.
- Remove tray from the oven and allow the pizza bites to cool in the tray for at least 10mins.
- Serve with a light tomato based pizza/pasta sauce.
This recipe was a pleasant surprise for me having never really been a fan of cottage cheese. it adds just the right amount of cheese flavour to the pizza bite and is delicious without having the added calories of opting for a full fat soft cheese. Therefore you can eat as many of these as you want without feeling too guilty! These are great as a snack when you have that craving for pizza (usually a Friday night for me). Or you could take them to work with you and eat them for lunch. Go on have a treat day without actually having to feel guilty about it! As always I would love to hear from you on what you thought of this recipe. Send photos if you’d like and I will feature them on my FB and blog.