2 garlic cloves
8 wholemeal tortilla wraps
low fat cheese (grated)
Large plastic freezer back
- Start off by dicing your onion and then frying it in a small amount of oil in either a wok or frying pan.
- Mince two garlic cloves into your onions and stir until lightly golden.
- Now add your turkey mince and stir to combine it with your onion and garlic.
- When you notice your turkey has browned. Add in your taco seasoning.
- Stir in seasoning and cook turkey for a further couple of minutes making sure it is coated well.
- Remove mixture from the heat and set aside for ten minutes to cool.
- Now divide the meat into 8 portions and place in a line on each tortilla.
- Now sprinkle on a little low fat cheese. (You can skip this stage if you want to be really good).
- Now fold your burrito. You may have your own preferred way of doing this but if not here is a very helpful guide… http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/20/how-to-wrap-burrito_n_6003430.html
- Roll up each burrito in aluminium foil. Place wrapped burritos inside resealable gallon-sized bag. Label the bag and place in the freezer.
- The burritos will last 30-45 days in the freezer.
- To eat remove from aluminium foil and heat in the microwave for 60 – 90 seconds or until the burrito is heated through and enjoy!
This recipe is literally so handy. I make these on a Monday night and then keep them in the freezer for my lunches. It means I can just literally run in to the kitchen and grab a little foil packet and go! Not to mention they are full of flavour and far far better for you than your average sandwich. The turkey mince is lean and very low fat so you don’t have to feel guilty at all. I particularly like having these burritos coming into the autumn/winter months as it is nice to have some warm comfort food when it is freezing and horrible outside. Also the spice in the taco seasoning gives a little kick to keep you warm. I would usually alternate having a burrito for lunch one day and then maybe soup the next so one batch of these can last me 2 weeks which is brilliant. Not only is this recipe, healthy and handy but it is also cost effective and saves me a few pennies on the weekly shop! 🙂 Please do let me know if you try this recipe and what you think about it and i will feature your review on my blog and facebook!