400g lean mince beef (I used Tescos 18% fat mince)
400g Dolmio lasagne red sauce light
1 white onion chopped
250g or 24 slices of wafer thin smoked ham
180g Philadelphia light
- Heat a large pan on medium to high heat and spray with Frylight 1 cal oil spray.
- Dice your onion and add it to the pan. Heat through for 2-3 minutes until starting to soften.
- Add your minced meat to the pan. Mix with the onion and cook for roughly 5 minutes until browned and cooked through.
- Add red Dolmio sauce and stir. Allow to heat for a further 5 minutes.
- In the meantime get out your muffin tray and spray a little oil into each cup. This will stop the ham from sticking to the sides when cooked.
- Now place two pieces of ham into each cup (one on top of the other creating a little well in the middle.
- Once your mince is done cooking place a heaped tablespoon of it into each ham cup.
- Now top each cup with a heaped teaspoon of Philadelphia light.
- Place your muffin tray into the oven at 180 degrees C and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and dig in!
Guys, BIG ANNOUNCEMENT….. This is now my new favourite recipe ever! These little cups are absolutely delicious. The smokiness of the ham blends with the sauce and meat mixture when heated to create the most amazing flavour. Not to mention the Philadelphia on top gives you a lovely creamy cheesy hit that just makes the whole dish. I really can’t get enough of these little fellas. I take two into work each day and heat them up in the microwave for lunch. They smell absolutely amazing too an easy way to make your work colleagues jealous of your lunch haha! Each cup is only 130 calories and they are packed with protein so you don’t have to feel guilty at all… well unless you decided to eat the whole batch which trust me is very tempting. I’d really love to know if any of you decide to try this recipe. If you do please get in touch and I will feature you on my blog and Facebook. Ps. you will notice from my photos I didn’t buy enough ham the first time around rookie mistake!!! You can find the accurate amount you need in the ingredients list.