1kg lean Turkey mince
85g spring onions
½ tsp. garlic powder
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. black pepper
For the Sauce:
¼ cup Sriracha
3 Tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
3 Tbsp rice vinegar
3 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
3 cloves garlic, minced
- Pre heat the oven to 190 degrees C.
- In a large bowl, mix together the turkey, breadcrumbs, eggs, green onions, garlic powder and salt/pepper.
- Shape the mixture into small meatballs. If made small you can get about 40 and if made a little bigger like a did you can get around 20.
- Spray two baking sheets with low fat cooking oil.
- Space your meatballs out evenly on the baking sheets and bake in the oven for 20-25mins or until browned. (For larger meatballs you will need to cook for around 35mins).
- While the meatballs are baking, combine all the ingredients for the sauce in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking continuously.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes (the sauce will start to thicken) then toss with the meatballs.
- I served mine with brown rice and topped with some spring onions.
If you are looking for an amazing meal prep option for lunches throughout the week this is the recipe for you. It is so unbelievably quick and easy to make. Including cooking time it only took me about 40mins! I’ve never used Sriracha sauce before and when I gave it a taste was like oh my goodness that is so hot! I am not one for spicy food so I was a little sceptical. However mixed with the honey and Soy sauce it really does create the perfect blend of sweet and spicy flavours. The sauce is seriously so tasty I would even have it over rice by itself. And guess what there are only 177 calories in 3 meatballs so what are you waiting for! As always if you do try the recipe let me know what you think and if you have any pictures I’ll feature them on my Facebook and Instagram.